Sunday 29 August 2010

Mint Green Dress

Apologies for no posts this month, I've had an unbelievably busy August! Have been working lots, spent the last two weeks in the south of France, and am moving this week! I've done a mountain of sewing too, most of it for my holiday, and will make up my absence by posting lots of outfit photos in the next few weeks. This dress is my favourite of the things I've sewn. Although I bought this fabric a while ago, I've been saving it for a really good project because I love it so much! It's mint green with a tiny white polka dot. I was inspired by sundresses like the ones in this post, and cut the pattern myself (first major pattern cutting project!) and am really pleased with how it turned out. It fits almost perfectly and I'm pleased with the details I added: the white straps with buttons, pockets, and especially the belt.


Shoes: Schuh / Earrings: Topshop / Chiffon headscarf: made by me
Check out my holiday tan! Also bought these espadrille wedges for my holiday, they have a big wedge and I love the rope instead of ribbon! Was inspired by these pictures:

(click for sources & to enlarge)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, clever you! I am mint green with envy at your sewing skills. You are glowing and look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful! You did a good job :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I am new to sewing and would love to know how you went about cutting your own pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good, well done!! :)
    (and tell me about being busy in August..oh my!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful. I love it!!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your blog really like it nice to see other vintage bloggers from london
    Lovely dress!

    x

    ReplyDelete